Wednesday, April 6, 2016

And Now We Pause for These Messages

First, I'm pleased to announce that Tax Restrictions have been lifted and I am free to fish!

Second, I've visited two neurologists in the past couple of weeks because things are changing.  I'll write more about this when I've found the right perspective and words to use.

Third, since I don't really have anything of my own to offer this week, I have a couple of items I'd encourage you to read while my gears are grinding:

  • Notes from Base Bozeman 4 April: Equilibrium - The folks at chiwulff.com run a timely, diverse, and well-written blog.  Hightlight from this post: "Sometimes the river just fixes things."  I'm ready for some fixing. Which way to the river?
  • A bit of help for Harper -  The crew at Headhunters Fly Shop in Craig, MT manage to post something just about every day on their blog.  This one went deep for me.  A Missouri River guide had his tiny baby daughter life-flighted far away from him.  When I saw the hospital photos on the GoFundMe page, it was like someone had sent me back in time 15 years.  My son was born with heart problems (among many other issues), and spent plenty of time as an infant on a respirator, with an IV in his head, and an NG tube running up his nose.  And he has another small procedure happening this Friday, which fortunately has nothing to do with his heart.  We should be out by the end of the day.  
Hug your kids and/or grandkids today.  Life is fragile.

"Take me to the river, put me in the water..."

10 comments:

  1. Our children and grandchildren are so pressure to all of us; when they hurt we do too. Hope everything turns out o.k. for your son, will check out the two sites----Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bill. We expect everything to be quick and easy. I'll post a comment back here on Friday when I have any updates.

      Delete
  2. LNOR, Wishing him well, as I know that NO procedure for him is ever easy like with other kiddos... Looking forward to your news/updates. Hey, I also found that I had an old blog I started on here in 2007--my trip to Australia and NZ was written in detail. Good thing too, because it was fading from memory! <3 Trix (WYDutchie)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Preserving memories is one of the primary reasons I keep writing here. I had no idea that memory problems were a common Parkinson's issue until they'd hit me. It's fun to refresh the memories of past fishing trips and also somewhat calming to look back on times when I was struggling more than now.

      BTW, I did some fishing on Piney Creek last fall, not more than a couple of miles from the Lake DeSemt dam where we fished with your family one day long ago...

      Found your blogs. Good luck finishing your doctorate and on your next round of world travels! Kids around the world will be lucky to have your help.

      Delete
    2. And I'll do you the favor of withholding your mnemonic nickname...

      :)

      Delete
  3. Howard from WK&TL sent me over here, glad he did. Looks like I have a bit of reading to do to catch up. Appreciate all that you've documented to date.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Micheal - compared to yours, this blog looks like a comic book! :) I've been browsing Troutrageous for a a week or so. Looks like we have some things in common. We've both relocated away from our home trout waters, and we both have angler daughters. You'll find some photos of her and my son in a post from August of 2015.

      Howard's an amazing guy, eh? I've started to think of him as the "Godfather of Fly Angling Blogs."

      Delete
    2. Some wonderful photos in that post you linked to. Tons of smiles all around!

      Oh, and yes, Howard is something alright. What that is, I'm not exactly sure... :)

      Delete
  4. I'll keep your son in my prayers Chris. I'm hoping Friday is the day I get pardoned to go fish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll take all the help we can get! :) And I have a feeling you're not likely to ever be "pardoned," but I bet you qualify for parole from time to time...

      Delete