|Goin' with the flow on the Wakulla River in 2012|
Options aside, the clock is ticking and I'm hopeful that a little structure will yield some results. It turns out that I'm failing miserably as my own motivational speaker...
I wanted to jot down some blogging plans and fishing plans. For some reason I need to remind myself that there are things I want to do, and yes, I actually want to do them. Even so, I feel a little dread when I think about some of this stuff. I'm also hoping that all 3 of you who read this stuff might hold me accountable.
Blogging ToDo List
- Finish the "Opportunity Knocks Twice" series.
I'm having a hard time with this one. It feels like there's something ominous waiting for me at the end of that tunnel. Or perhaps I'm afraid that I won't be able to create the capstone the series deserves.DONE!!! Read it here.
- Do a full comparison and write up for all the wonderful Sage 5-weight rods we own. I know why I'm paralyzed with this one: Pure perfectionism. I know how I want to do this, and it will require a good investment of time. I see a few hours of prep work, probably four hours of rod waving and note taking, and 20 to 30 hours of writing
- Try to publish something every week, definitely publish something every other week.
Fly Angling ToDo List
There's no dread here. This is spectacular.
- March - 1 day on the Yakima River - Washington State. My first fishing trip to these waters. (Didn't happen. Rainfall preceding the day I planned to fish stained the water, so I bravely ran away to fish another day.)
- April - 2 days on the Missouri River - Craig, Montana. The midge and BWO hatches of April 2015 were quite a sight. Trying to convince my wife to accompany me this year.
- Weekends in May and June - "The Driftless" in Southeast Minnesota. The wife's Mobile Hotel® (aka fifth-wheel RV, see The Amoury) gets parked and we spend 6 weekends camping 20 yards from a trout creek, part of the Root River watershed.
- August - Mobile Hotel® Road Trip with the family
- 1 day on the Flathead River - Columbia Falls, Montana
- 1 day on Rock Creek - Just east of Missoula, Montana
- 3 days around Yellowstone National Park - hoping for 1 day of fishing
- 2 days camping on the Tongue River forks - Big Horn Mountains, Wyoming. Really looking forward to finding some cutthroats and brook trout.
- September - More Minnesota Driftless weekends
Notes to self...
- Practice knots BEFORE going streamside
- Teach knots to the Offspring
If the road to Hell is paved with good intentions, it appears I'm constructing my own private ten-lane superhighway. Drive it like you stole it.
But pull off occasionally to wet a line.